Cultural Odyssey of Ladakh
Cultural Odyssey of Ladakh Retreats
IMAGINE......high up in the shadow of the world's highest peaks is a land of mythical beauty. A land where vividly coloured mountains rise up dramatically on all sides, dwarfing the crystal rivers and shimmering glaciers which make their way through the barren terrain.
Ladakh or "Little Tibet" as it is known is one of the most remote areas of India, lying to the north of the Great Himalaya on the Tibetan Plateau and to the South of the Karakorams. It remained isolated for centuries to the outside world due to its inaccessibility, and the strategic position it occupies in the northern frontier. Ladakh has a rich cultural and religious heritage as can be seen from the centuries old monasteries, some of them built on sheer cliffs and still functioning actively.
New horizons that spell high-mountain passes, with vivid purple irises blooming against a backdrop of towering snow-capped peaks and alpine meadows. Eleventh century monasteries with their strange another world charm, mesmerize and draw you into an energy charged world, a positive force which radiates outwards charging all things in her path.
Ladakh offers its visitors some rare sights like the 130km long expansive magical Pangong Lake, lying at 4267m and partly in China. The spectacular view of the Changchenmo range of mountains reflects itself in the ever-changing blues and greens of the lake.
In this cultural odyssey, we travel through the ancient kingdom of Ladakh, soaking in the beauty of its captivating landscape, visiting monasteries, villages, palaces and humble homes, meeting people from all walks of life and understanding their way of life and culture; a journey that will truly make you want to return - such is the mesmerizing effect of the hospitable people in this enchanting Buddhist land called Ladakh. Ladakh, exquisitely lovely and relatively unspoiled, beckons you to discover her uncharted territory.
- Area: Leh ( Ladakh ) India
- Retreat Duration: 13 Nights/ 14 Days
- Retreat Type: Cultural, Buddhism, Trekking, Sightseeing, Yoga, Nature
- Retreat Grade: Easy to Moderate
- Highest Point: 5596m by Jeep (Khardungla Top)
- Accommodations: 06 nights hotel in Leh, 01 night in glamping tents in Pangong Lake, 03 nights in tents while trekking, 02 nights in homestay in Karu/Sakti & Basgovillage, 01 night in tents in Nubra Valley
- Trip Highlights: Culture of Ladakh, Buddhism, Monasteries visit, Pangong Lake, encounter the life style of local Ladakhi people, Leh, Magnificient peak of Dry Dessert of the Himalayas, Rafting on top of the world, Nubra Vally, Bactrian Camels, Khardung La (Highest motorable road in the world), jeep safari and much more...
- 13 nights/ 14 days retreat
- Transportation ( Trip Route and Leh airport transfers)
- All Accommodation (hotels, home stays, guest houses and nature camps)
- Sham Valley Trek, Ladakh Himalayas- North india
- Meals (Mainly on Road and trek trip)
- Nubra Valley Sightseeing
- Rafting trip on Indus River
- All workshops (yoga , meditation, etc)
- English speaking trip guides
- All national park fees
- Inner Line permits
- Meals Lunch & Dinner (While stay in Leh city)
- Personal spending money
- Personal porters and ponies
- Emergency evacuation expenses
All food is vegetarian, No alcohol.. Roads are on high passes of the world with unmatched beauty of the Great Himalayan Belt.
“A life-transforming experience of self-discovery and personal growth that takes you through some of the most remote and beautiful places in Ladakh”