Back to Basics
Back to Basics
Are you ready for a different kind of vacation?
An exotic, remote locale? Beautiful natural vistas? Exercise & fresh air?
Nestled in the very remote foothills of majestic Himalayas sits a very remote traditional Himalayan village, called Khola in Badiyargarh Valley. It’s a perfect place for meditation, yoga, nature walks, bird-watching and to experience outside silence and inside peace. The lush green forests of this region are home to an astounding multiplicity of flora and fauna. A description of the charismatic beauty of this village would be incomplete without a mention of the people who inhabit this blessed village – simple, willing to help and hardworking.
Most of the inhabitants of the village depend on the resources of the village for their survival. The water resources in the valley are natural. Humans, animals and plants live in harmonious co-existence in the midst of a perfectly preserved, unspoilt eco-system. It is the perfect place for reflection and relaxation.
A real escape! Exotic culture, great exercise, amazing landscapes, awesome quality of traditional food cooked in traditional styles, total relaxation, and de-stressing. Overall this trip is a great combination of culture, local traditions, and lifestyle and offers some great views of Himalayas with unmatched beauty of Mother Nature.
- Area: Khola & Dangiya Village, Garhwal Himalayas, Uttarakhand, India
- Retreat Duration: 06 nights/ 07 days
- Retreat Type: Yoga, meditation, culture, local traditions, home stay & trekking.
- Retreat Grade: Easy
- Highest Point: 2000m
- Highest Sleeping Point: 1700 mts (9512 ft)
- Accommodations: 02 nights homestay in Khola Village, 01 night in Manjuli Village Homestay, 02 nights in Nature Camp at Dangiya Village, 01 night in dome tents in Maithyana Devi Temple
- Retreat Highlights: Yoga and Meditation in pure Himalayan valleys, Local organic & vegetarian Garhwal Indian Food, local Garhwal Himalayan Tradition and Culture, breathtaking Himalayan Views, and most importantly, a pure and complete unmatched Retreat.
- 06 nights/ 07 days retreat
- All Accommodation (home stays and nature camps)
- Trekking in Khola and Dangiya Valley, Garhwal Himalayas- North india
- Back to the basics village life, 1 cooking lesson
- All Meals
- Porters and ponies
- All workshops (yoga , meditation, etc)
- English speaking trekking guides
- All national park fees
- Personal spending money
- Personal porters and ponies
- Emergency evacuation expenses
All food is vegetarian, No alcohol. Roads are wild and you will see cows on roads, footbridges and in shops.
“Experience the blissful tranquillity of Trekking, Meditation & Camping under the stars in the Lap of the Divine Himalayas.”