Rupshu Valley & Tsomoriri Lake Ladakh
Divine Himalayas Retreat
Rupshu is a high-altitude plateau in Ladakh lying South of River Indus and is a western most part of the larger Changthang plateau which extends far inside Tibet and is inhabited by the nomadic pastoralists called the Changpas. This region is characterized by rolling hills dotted with the white sheep and small clusters of nomadic tents near the fresh water sources.
The whole area springs to life for about 4 months of the year in the summer when the nomads seem too busy with their activities. This region has huge salt water lakes like Tsokar and Tso- Moriri which acts as homes to birds like Bar Headed Geese and Black Necked Crane in the summers.
We start the trek form Tshokar Lake and finish at Tsomoriri after crossing a series of high passes, a couple of them being above 5000 mts. The pleasure of doing this trek is different as it offers a unique feeling- the freedom of roaming over a vast expanse of rolling hills and lofty valleys.
- Area: Leh (Ladakh) India
- Trip Duration: 13nights / 14days
- Trip Grade: Moderate
- Highest Point: 5241 mts (Yalegon La Pass)
- Highest Camping Point: 4800 mts
- Trek Highlights: Leh, Monasteries, Highland Drive, Remote Rupshu Valley, Tsokar Lake, Tsomoriri Lake and traditional Ladakhi Culture
- 13 nights / 14 days trek
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on the trip
- All transport in a non AC car as per the itinerary above
- Accommodation on twin share basis with foam sleeping mats in tents / ‘A’ class hotels (all meals included)
- Mules for porterage of personal and group luggage
- Full board camping arrangements on the mountain with a large mess tent, tables & stools
- Professional guide fee, wildlife fee and climbing permit
- All trekking arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc
- Delhi - Leh - Delhi airfare. Railway station / airport transfers in Delhi
- Sleeping bag, items of personal clothing
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, insurance, beverages and snacks in Leh or any other tea house, tips for guides, cooks & porters
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Any kind of insurances, flights and visas
- Any kind of emergency evacuation expenses & medical expenses
- Any personal porter
- Single Room in Leh during the trip can be booked at an additional cost of INR 8400/-.
- Single Tent for all camping nights can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 8500/-.
- Personal Porter to carry your day-pack during the trek can be arranged at INR 12000/-.