Giya Vinayak Pass
Giya Vinayak Pass
The Nandikund - Ghiya Vinayak Pass trek is a gem of a trek in the lap of the Himalayas of Garhwal Uttrakhand. The trek connects the Valleys of Kedarnath and Badrinath. The trek offers a close views of Peaks like Chaukhambha, Mandani and views as far as the Panpatia Snow field, Neelkanth Peak, Parvati Peak and that of the elegant Nanda Devi etc, from the top of Ghiya Vinayak pass. The Nandikund - Ghiya Vinayak Pass trek is just superb and a must do for all the Himalayan High Seekers. The trek is involves steep climbs and descends, and some of the patches has no defined trail. The climb up to the top of the Ghiya Vinayak Pass adds further to make the Nandikund - Ghiya Vinayak Pass trek one of the lesser known and done treks in the Himalayas of Garhwal.
This trek is connected mythologically to the Pandavas, who followed Lord Shiva and built temples on their way, worshiping and pleasing him to attain salvation. These temples are known as the Panch Kedars. Madhyamaheshwar and Kalpeshwar are two of the Panch Kedars which falls on this trek route. Tungnath, Kedarnath and Rudranath being the other three of the five Panch Kedars.
This route is considered very pious by the Hindus and we need to follow local customs while on the trek.
- Area: Garhwal Himalayas, Uttarakhand
- Duration: 10 days / 09 nights
- Grade: Strenuous
- Highest Sleeping point: 4500 mts (Nandi Kund Lake)
- Highest Point: 5000 mts (Giya Vinayak Pass)
- Accommodations: 02 nights in Lodges, 02 nights in home stays, 05 nights in trekking dome tents.
- Highlights: Madmeshwar Temple, Kachni Pass (4200mts), Pandevsera Meadow, Nandi Kund Lake, Giya Vinayak pass (5000mts), Maedo Pass (4000mts) and much more with Great High Himalayan Valleys and Peaks.
- All transportation according to trip route & itinerary
- All accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents, homestay & lodges.
- All meals from lunch on Day 01 till lunch on Day 10.
- Professional guide fee, camping fee, sanctuary fee.
- Tents, mattress and all groups camping gear.
- All trekking arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- Sleeping bag & Personal Trekking Gear
- Items of personal clothing
- Any arrangements in Rishikesh
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, cigarettes, camera fee etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Any kind of insurance, emergency evacuation, hospitalization, search & rescue expenses.
- Single Tent for all camping nights can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 8000/-
- Personal Porter to carry your day-pack during the trek can be arranged at INR 10000/-