Classic Markha Valley Ladakh
Classic Markha Valley
One of the most popular treks in Ladakh – it is a perfect combination of beautiful Trans-Himalayan landscape with the Ladakhi villages. There are good chances to spot some high-altitude wildlife as well as experience the life of Nomadic families as they herd their yaks in these big and beautiful valleys.
After couple of days of acclimatisation to high altitude in Leh you will set out to explore the heartland of the central Ladakh Valley. It involves crossing of high pass of Kongmaru La 5274 mts and walking on the banks of the Markha River crossing it a few times. Kang Yatse peak (6400m) at the head of this valley dominates the skyline as we get higher up the valley and the view towards Zanskar range from the Kongamaru La is simply are mesmerizing.
- Area: Leh (Ladakh) India
- Duration: 09 nights / 10 days
- Grade: Moderate
- Highest Point: 5130 mts (Kongmaru La Pass)
- Highest Camping Point: 4720 mts
- Highlights: Remote Markha Valley, Huge Gorge, Monasteries, Mt. Kangyatsay view &Nimaling base camp.
- 09 nights / 10 days trek
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on the trip
- All transport in a non AC car as per the itinerary above
- Accommodation on twin share basis with foam sleeping mats in tents / ‘A’ class hotels (all meals included)
- Mules for porterage of personal and group luggage
- Full board camping arrangements on the mountain with a large mess tent, tables & stools
- Professional guide fee, wildlife fee and climbing permit
- All trekking arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc
- Delhi - Leh - Delhi airfare. Railway station / airport transfers in Delhi
- Sleeping bag, items of personal clothing
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, insurance, beverages and snacks in Leh or any other tea house, tips for guides, cooks & porters
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Any kind of insurances, flights and visas
- Any kind of emergency evacuation expenses & medical expenses
- Any personal porter
- Single Room in Leh during the trip can be booked at an additional cost of INR 8400.
- Single Tent for all camping nights can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 4250.
- Personal Porter to carry your day-pack during the trek can be arranged at INR 6000.