Stok Kangri Expedition
Stok Kangri Expedition
Stok Kangri lies in the middle of the fascinating area of Ladakh, which is located in the northern part of Indian state "Jammu and Kashmir". Stok Kangri (elevation 6,137 m / 20,135 feet) is the highest mountain in the Stok Range of the Himalayas in the Ladakh region of northwest India. The peak is located in Hemis National Park, 12 km southwest of the trailhead at 3,610 m (11,845 feet) in the village of Stok and 24 km southwest of the Ladakh capital of Leh.
Despite its altitude, Stok Kangri is a popular peak and is often climbed as an initial non-technical foray into high altitude mountaineering Towering at an impressive 6153 m, Stok Kangri is a serious challenge. Although at such an impressive height, it is not a technical climb and in season requires no advanced mountaineering equipment. We work our way up to base camp over several days to maximise acclimatisation and improve chances of a successful summit attempt. The view from the top is one of the best in the Himalaya offering great views of the Zanskar and Karakoram ranges including K2 (8611 m), the second highest peak in the world.
This is one of the most popular trekking peaks in the Indian Himalayas and its proximity to Leh makes it very accessible. Recommend for those wish to climb a non-technical 6000 m peak.
- Area: Ladakh, India
- Duration: 09 night/ 10 days
- Grade: Moderate to fairly Challenging.
- Highest Point: 6100m
- Highest Camping Point- 5000m
- All travel from Leh airport and back to Leh airport by road
- All arrangements for overnight stay while on the trip
- Accommodation on twin share basis in tents / rest houses / hotels
- All group climbing gear like ropes, anchors, slings etc.
- All meals, tea/coffee and snacks ( Once we leave for mountains)
- Professional guide fees, permit fees, sanctuary fee / royalty where applicable
- All trekking arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- Sleeping Bag & Items of personal clothing
- Air Fares, Visas, Insurance, laundry, phone calls, beverages and bottled water, souvenirs and other expenses of a personal nature.
- Tips for guides, cooks & porters
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Any costs arising out of emergency evacuations, search & rescue, medical/hospitalization expenses.
- Any kind of insurances
- Single Room during your stay in Leh can be booked at an additional cost of INR 5800/-
- Single camp occupancy can be booked at an additional cost of INR 8900/- -